We are very proud to present you with our debut studio recording – the Drag You Away EP. You can now stream & download it on our Bandcamp page. It’s $4, and it includes bonus tracks and a PDF booklet!
The Fort Worth Weekly Music Awards ballot is now online, and we’re up for TWO awards this year!
We’ve been nominated for Best New Artist and Best Female Vocalist for Harley, and we couldn’t be more excited or honored. Now, the voting begins, and we need YOUR help! It’s time to start heading to the Weekly’s online ballot and vote!
So, head on over to the ballot site and vote for us in the following categories:
- “New Artist” category: The Diabolical Machines
- “Female Vocalist” category: Harley Dear (The Diabolical Machines)
Once you’re done, spread the word and get your friends/family/co-workers/sentient space pets to vote, too! Every vote helps!
And thank you to all of you who have supported us thus far – we wouldn’t be here without our fans!
Big news, fan folks!
- We’ve been nominated for a Fort Worth Weekly Music Award! The ballot comes out on the 15th, at which point we need all of you to vote for us!
- As part of this nomination, we’re appearing on this year’s Fort Worth Weekly Music Awards compilation CD, along with several other nominated bands. We recorded our song today at Eagle Audio Recording in the Near Southside, under the direction of engineer Britt Robisheaux of The Theater Fire.
- AND, we’ve been asked to perform at the Fort Worth Weekly Music Awards festival on Sunday, June 23rd! The exact time & location will be announced later.
These are all big honors and we are very excited to be nominated for an award and asked to participate in all these various things. Big things ahead!
As mentioned above, we recorded our song for the FW Weekly CD today at Eagle Audio. Kevin took some photos of the whole thing (on a combination of an iPhone and a big camera), and we’d like to share ‘em with you:
Just a quick note to say that DrummerQuest 2013 is over at long last: we’re super-happy to welcome our new drummer Aubrey Savage into the band. Aubrey will be making his debut with us this Saturday at the Cowtown Cleanup Fest.
We’d also like to take the time to say another big round of thanks to the trio of guest drummers who have so generously helped keep us going these past few months: Logan Bowers of the band Lindby, Laurel Dagger of the band Mrs. Howl, and Robby Rux of the bands Year of the Bear, Solo Sol, and Mailman. These folks gave their time and talents to us and saved us during a rough stretch of time, and we will eternally consider them friends and honorary members of the band.
As we enter into 2013, The Diabolical Machines will be moving forward without our original lead guitarist and new bass player. The remaining members are reorganizing and recommitting to new material. Our upcoming shows as they stood have been cancelled and the planned EP has been put on indefinite hiatus.
We’d like to thank everybody for their support thus far. This is an interruption, but we’re not going anywhere. We’re going to find our new groove and return to you all with more tunes in the near future.
- The Diabolical Machines – Steph, Kevin, and Harley